from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Preventing sleep; causing wakefulness; insomniac.
- n. A medication that prevents sleep.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Anything which prevents sleep, or produces wakefulness, as strong tea or coffee.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Sleep-preventing; causing wakefulness.
- n. In medicine, something which tends to drive away sleep; an antihypnotic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or pertaining to agrypnia
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.