from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. A crooked tube of metal, to be introduced into the neck of a bottle for drawing out the liquid without disturbing the sediment or causing a gurgling noise.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. A small tube inserted into the mouth of a bottle or carboy to admit air while the liquid is running out, and thereby prevent guggling or splashing of corrosive liquid.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.