from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A sophisticated manner or style.
- noun The proper thing to do.
- noun High society.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The style of persons in high life; good breeding.
- noun Polite or fashionable society.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- The height of the fashion; fashionable society.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun dated The height of
fashion; fashionable society.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the fashionable elite
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[French : bon, good + ton, tone.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
French, good tone, manner.
Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word bon ton.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.