from The Century Dictionary.
- noun Same as
- noun A kind of cloth made for sifting; hence, a sieve.
- noun The bran or refuse of meal after dressing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A molding, the convexity of which is one fourth of a circle, being a member just below the abacus in the Tuscan and Roman Doric capital; a torus; an ovolo.
- noun One of the shafts of a clustered column.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun architecture A
mouldingwith quarter-circle convexity, found just below the abacusin the Tuscanand Roman Doric capital; a torus; an ovolo.
- noun architecture One of the
shaftsof a clustered column.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.