from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Invigorating or refreshing; strengthening: a bracing tonic.
- n. A support; a brace.
- n. Braces considered as a group.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of brace.
- adj. invigorating or stimulating
- n. a brace
- n. a form of the military attention stance
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Imparting strength or tone; strengthening; invigorating.
- n. The act of strengthening, supporting, or propping, with a brace or braces; the state of being braced.
- n. Any system of braces; braces, collectively.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of one that braces, or the state of being braced.
- n. In engineering, a system of braces: as, the bracing of a truss.
- Having the quality of giving strength or tone; invigorating: as, a bracing air.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a structural member used to stiffen a framework
- adj. imparting vitality and energy
Sorry, no etymologies found.
So the 'result' of having canines that function in bracing may be a by-product that peccaries have used to their advantage.
Perhaps most bracing is the open struggle its hero wages against his own well-earned cynicism.
As I'm going over I get a glance at DeJong, high-bracing from the bow, but he knows the goose is cooked.
Undeniably there’s a certain bracing appeal there, but isn’t that basically Ron Paul’s platform?
Richard Riley: Undeniably there’s a certain bracing appeal there, but isn’t that basically Ron Paul’s platform?
Short term bracing with a sling, rest, ice, anti-inflammatories and physiotherapy are usually all that’s necessary.
The other is what historians call the bracing “jeremiad” tradition of harsh warnings that reveal a faith that America can be better than it is.
"It is not exactly what you would call bracing to-night, even," said
This is most commonly referred to as bracing and should be performed during any type of lifting.
The bracing is a traditional, minimalist ukulele type which is perfectly adequate to support the light weight, type of string tension and produce a small but rich tone.