from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of eating another of one's own species.
- n. In speech, the occurrence of one word "eating" part or all of the next word, because the syllables ar the same. For example, "Look, an MIT shirt" for "Look, an MIT T-shirt".
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or practice of eating human flesh by mankind. Hence; Murderous cruelty; barbarity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The eating of human flesh by human beings.
- n. Hence The eating of any animal by another individual of the same species.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the practice of eating the flesh of your own kind
Now they are imprisoned in the coal, and cannibalism is what must occur among them.
I think the sexual connotation of cannibalism is self-evident.
The cannibalism is a little harder to stomach, as it were — but I'm sure that's exactly why Wells put it in.
I can understand the popcorn, but cannibalism is never appropriate.
Xisithrus, cannibalism is still a problem in Haiti and good deal of the fault can be laid at the door of liberal permissiveness.
* Prenatal cannibalism is pretty common amonst several species of North American butterflies when food is low.
After a few days of tense exchanges, macho bravado, nervous folk songs, and strained humor, the possibility of cannibalism is raised.
Even if I tried for 40 years, I couldn't make this stuff up: Sheriff's officials were astounded Thursday by a letter requesting the man accused of murdering his girlfriend and possibly participating in cannibalism be placed on a vegetarian diet to keep him from being "involved in any senseless killing" while incarcerated.
There are tribes of people who culturally think cannibalism is acceptable.
A Newark man who was mistakenly accused of cannibalism is suing a doctor and the Newark and Parsippany police departments.