from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A tropical American evergreen tree (Anacardium occidentale) widely cultivated for its edible nutlike kernels.
- n. The kidney-shaped seed of this tree, eaten after roasting.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A tree, Anacardium occidentale, native to northeastern Brazil, now widely grown in tropical climates for its cashew nuts and cashew apples.
- n. A cashew nut.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A tree (Anacardium occidentale) of the same family which the sumac. It is native in tropical America, but is now naturalized in all tropical countries. Its fruit, a kidney-shaped nut, grows at the extremity of an edible, pear-shaped hypocarp, about three inches long.
- n. the cashew nut.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The Anacardium occidentale and its fruit. See Anacardium and cashew-nut.
- n. Same as cachou.
- n. See cushaw.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. kidney-shaped nut edible only when roasted
- n. tropical American evergreen tree bearing kidney-shaped nuts that are edible only when roasted
The most relevant achievements during his term were to shrink the economy to bleak inflation (by 80% per month, when he left office) and to make fashionable big blazers and dying hair in cashew nut shades.
However, using it as a nutcracker by rolling over a cashew is a lousy idea.
Rich in vitamin C, cajueiro, also known as cashew fruit is an old time remedy for colds and flus.
I would have to say that the cashew is the nut of all nuts.
From www.uga.edu/fruit: Fruit The true botanical fruit is a nut, about 1 long, shaped like a small boxing glove, hanging below a fleshy, swollen peduncle called the cashew apple or pseudofruit.
In the producing countries, the seed-containing fruit is often discarded in favor of the swollen stem tip or “false fruit” called the cashew apple, which is enjoyed either fresh, cooked, or fermented into an alcoholic drink.
The cashew is a fruit as big as a pippin, pretty long, and bigger near the stem than at the other end, growing tapering.
Accessing the Taskbar Settings Menu: Click the panel toolbox (aka cashew), then right-click on the taskbar.
This is because the nuts are always sold pre-shelled since the interior of their shells contains a caustic resin, known as cashew balm, which must be carefully removed before they are fit for consumption.
The cashew is a tropical and subtropical evergreen shrub or tree.