from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Variant of ketchup.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A variant of catsup or ketchup.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A pureed table sauce made predominantly from tomatoes, flavored with onions, sugar, salt and spices; called also tomato ketchup. The term is also applied to pureed sauces containing mushrooms, walnuts, etc., being called in such cases mushroom ketchup, walnut ketchup, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A name common to several kinds of sauce much used with meat, fish, toasted cheese, etc. Also written catsup, katsup.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. learn belatedly; find out about something after it happened
- v. reach the point where one should be after a delay
Sorry, no etymologies found.
So playing catchup is alot harder than starting out in front, but then you can be too early and prove that the opportunity is not big enough.
Found this ‘petite’ gem of a blog by accident today and have been in catchup mode ever since.
Mondays, for me, are all about email and other written word catchup, and I deliberately avoid scheduling software deadlines on Mondays; I know from experience that I won't get much (if any) coding done just as I've come back from a weekend.
If you try to use their 'catchup' service the video shows but when you try to start it you get told you need to download Microsoft Silverlight - whatever that is!
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends routine HPV vaccination for girls 11 and 12 years old, as well as a temporary "catchup" vaccination for girls and women ages 13 through 26 who were never immunized.
For example, one great change in the viewing habits of many British viewers has resulted from the introduction of the BBC's "catchup" service, the iPlayer, which enables users at their computers to view over the Internet many BBC broadcasts that appeared over the previous seven days.
After a below-trend 2008 and a sharp contraction in 2009, policymakers should be looking for "catchup" growth in 2010 and 2011-nominal GDP growth that's
If they can't make the current payment how can they possibly make an enlarged payment to "catchup" so to speak.
Basically landlords are playing "catchup" to the market.
However, unlike Time Warner's app, mobile viewing in the UK is almost entirely limited to catchup TV.Executives at Fox, Viacom and Discovery are said to have been horrified when Time Warner Cable began live broadcasting its channels on a new app last month, apparently after little or no consultation with the content owners.