from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A covered hole or pit for receiving drainage or sewage, as from a house.
- n. A filthy, disgusting, or morally corrupt place.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An underground pit where sewage is held.
- n. A filthy place.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A cistern in the course, or the termination, of a drain, to collect sedimentary or superfluous matter; a privy vault; any receptacle of filth.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A sunk chamber, cistern, or well in a drain or privy, to receive the sediment or filth.
- n. Figuratively, any foul or fetid receptacle.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a covered cistern; waste water and sewage flow into it
The people of city X or county Y can be relied upon not to turn their community into a cesspool without the state and federal governments telling them what a cesspool is and is not.
Notice the crawler across the bottom of the screen capture, “Three people get caught in cesspool” … would that be Bush, Cheney and Rice?
I hope the judge doesn’t see, or I’m in cesspool of trouble.
The meme is that anytime anyone brings up that conservatives were dead wrong and acted like racist idiots when it came to Apartheid, the response is that modern South Africa is a cesspool, which is nottrue.
The meme is that anytime anyone brings up that conservatives were dead wrong and acted like racist idiots when it came to Apartheid, the response is that modern South Africa is a cesspool, which is not true.
We also publish and link to some stuff my readers would call cesspool material, but I do it because there is value in the broadest possible conversation in our community.
A cesspool is a charming apartment compared with the old Bog-woman's brewery.
Weeks later five officials from the cash-strapped Detroit Public School system, long known as a cesspool of fraud and mismanagement, got criminally charged for operating an illegal scheme in which they openly stole tens of thousands of dollars from the system, took illegal kickbacks and paid friends who never did any work for the district.
A former Richmond City Sheriff's deputy, whose property was described as a cesspool of filth and malnourished pit bulls, was convicted of multiple dog-fighting and animal cruelty charges today in Henrico County Circuit Court.
The "Jewel of the Caribbean" is now a desolate cesspool, that is exporting almost no sugar.