from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that makes or sells candles.
- n. A retail dealer in specified goods or equipment: a ship chandler.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who makes or sells candles
- n. A dealer in (a specific kind of) provisions or supplies
- n. A California variety of pomelo with a smoother skin than many other varieties.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A maker or seller of candles.
- n. A dealer in other commodities, which are indicated by a word prefixed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who makes or sells candles, or, formerly, torches.
- n. A huckster; a dealer in provisions.
- n. In composition, a dealer; a merchant: the particular application being determined by the other element of the compound: as, tallow-chandler, ship-chandler, corn-chandler, etc.
- n. A candlestick. See chandelier.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a maker (and seller) of candles and soap and oils and paints
- n. a retail dealer in provisions and supplies
- n. United States writer of detective thrillers featuring the character of Philip Marlowe (1888-1959)
Here in California, I grow in my backyard "Oro Blanco" grapefruit and "chandler" pummelo.
In another kind of chandler's workshop, the liquid mixture is poured into plaster molds.
The word "chandler" is supposed to have been derived from the French
The entry is tagged under Bella Cullen Project, chandler nash.
Time to send money to Miller, Wilson denied his own profession chandler lewis
At twelve he was indentured for nine years as a bookkeeping apprentice to a ship chandler.
The Mott Bedell House was built in 1840 for a ships chandler who lived on Wall Street.
Ivan, if it's not about Hillary or Obama, why is it that moderates should vote for McCain only if Obama is the nominee, but not if Hillary is the nominee? chandler
Fri 07/09/10 1:13 AM totally agree – those 3 britton, chandler, fox were my fav…and i am more upset with january jones being nominated as best “actress” than any snubs
I had forgotten that he had once been apprenticed to a chandler.