from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A wreath or garland for the head.
- n. Roman Catholic Church A rosary having beads for five decades of Hail Marys.
- n. Roman Catholic Church The prayers counted on such a rosary.
- n. A string of beads.
- n. Architecture A small molding carved to resemble a string of beads.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A garland or circlet for the head.
- n. A string of beads, especially when making up five decades of the rosary.
- n. A moulding in the form of a string of beads; a bead-moulding.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A garland or wreath to be worn on the head.
- n. A string of beads, or part of a string, used by Roman Catholic in praying; a third of a rosary, or fifty beads.
- n. A small molding, carved into beads, pearls, olives, etc.
- n. A chapelet. See Chapelet, 1.
- n. A bent piece of sheet iron, or a pin with thin plates on its ends, for holding a core in place in the mold.
- n. A tuft of feathers on a peacock's head.
- n. A small chapel or shrine.
- transitive v. To adorn with a chaplet or with flowers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To crown or adorn with a chaplet.
- n. A wreath, as of natural flowers, worn on the head, especially as a mark of festivity or distinction.
- n. In the middle ages, a circlet of gold or other precious material, more or less ornamented, worn by both men and women.
- n. In heraldry, any garland or wreath, whether of leaves alone, as of laurel or oak, or of flowers.
- n. Any head-dress; a hood or cap.
- n. A string of beads used by Roman Catholics in counting their prayers; a rosary, but strictly only a third of the beads of a rosary.
- n. Anything resembling in form a string of beads.
- n. Same as chapel-de-fer, .
- n. In architecture, a small round molding, carved into beads, pearls, olives, or some similar design.
- n. The tuft or crest of feathers on a fowl's head.
- n. In oyster-culture, a row of shells or other objects suspended on wire to collect the spat.
- n. Same as chapelet in any of its senses.
- n. A small chapel or shrine.
- n. In foundry-work, a sheet-metal form used in adjusting the core in a mold and fused into the casting when the metal flows into the mold.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage or flowers for ornamental purposes
Anyone who would like to join us spiritually is more than welcome to. .the intentions for the chaplet will be the safety of our military and any other personal intentions ..
And when they be nigh him with the cross, then he doth adown his galiot that sits on his head in manner of a chaplet, that is made of gold and precious stones and great pearls, and it is so rich, that men prize it to the value of
The Talbe is distinguished by the length of his beard, a piece of woollen cloth, half white and half crimson, which he leaves loose and flowing about his body, and under which appears a figure, exhausted by fasting, (the consequence of excessive laziness), and a kind of chaplet of an enormous size.
Perils and Captivity Comprising The sufferings of the Picard family after the shipwreck of the Medusa, in the year 1816; Narrative of the captivity of M. de Brisson, in the year 1785; Voyage of Madame Godin along the river of the Amazons, in the year 1770.
The word 'chaplet'  originally meant a garland or wreath to be worn on the head; and a garland of leaves with four flowers at equal distances.
< 33.5 > i.e. the lady gathers the flowers, and binds them in her hair with a silken fillet, making of them a kind of chaplet or crown.
a kind of chaplet, or crown, the possession of which by any woman was supposed to confer the power of necromancy or magic, rendering her able to heal diseases and to foretell events.
"chaplet" (_ghirlanda_), as the meaning of _cappello_, chaplet
We have an opportunity to perform an act of charity by forgiving wrongs, and an act of mercy by offering the Divine Mercy chaplet at 3 pm on any day for Senator Kennedy, and for President Obama, Vice President Biden, Rep. Pelosi, and all the other leaders who continue to injure the Body of Christ.
Seems like a good intention for the Divine Mercy chaplet today.
Craft 925 silver jewelry chaplet can be bargain or expensive, depending on the abstracts the chaplet themselves are fabricated out of, as able-bodied as the abundance that you are purchasing.