from The Century Dictionary.

  • noun One who treats diseases or malformations of the hands or feet; especially, a sargeon for the feet, hands, and nails; a cutter or extractor of corns and callosities; a corn-doctor.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.

  • noun One who treats diseases of the hands and feet; especially, one who removes corns and bunions.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • noun A practitioner of chiropody

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • noun a specialist in care for the feet


Sorry, no etymologies found.


Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word chiropodist.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.