from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Cosmetic care of the feet and toenails.
- n. A cosmetic treatment of the feet and toenails.
- n. A podiatrist.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. superficial cosmetic treatment of the feet and toenails
- v. To apply such treatment to the feet
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Professional care of the feet, toes, and toenails.
- n. A single treatment of the feet, toes, and toenails.
- n. One who cares for the feet and nails; a chiropodist.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The cure or care of the feet. Compare manicure.
- n. One whose business is the surgical care of the feet.
- To care for the feet of (some one), and to treat minor ailments of the feet, such as corns.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. professional care for the feet and toenails
- v. care for one's feet by cutting and shaping the nails, etc.
Others may say that the minimum requirements for a beautiful day should include the word pedicure.
“I’m not sure who that is, but it helps that you have attractive feet and know the meaning of the word pedicure.”
There are a lot of “things” out there that I just do not need in my life … and being interrupted by a phone call while I’m grocery shopping, having my hair washed or getting a relaxing pedicure is NOT one of them.
The stereotype of the feckless woman who has an abortion and then a pedicure is a sub rosa staple of the opposition, and there's no question that it could be counteracted by real people talking about making a difficult but necessary choice.
If you think a pedicure is a good way to unwind, you might want to think again, especially after seeing this next report.
A pedicure is a favorite in the winter to restore the softness of summer skin that usually gets rough and scaly with the dry winter air.
"The basic manicure is $15 and basic pedicure, which is $30," said Megan Parr,
oh, the pedicure was my own idea - it was not a race-sponsored item; It was my first 5K in many many years, and I had promised myself that if I could get across the finish line without having a heart attack I would get a pedicure that afternoon.
My friends most likely are like me and love a good massage or pedicure once in a while.
At the Target you can get perfume, pedicure and a latte.