from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Being firmly settled in habit; inveterate. See Synonyms at chronic.
- adj. Having been ratified; verified.
- adj. Having received the rite of confirmation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of confirm.
- adj. having a settled habit; inveterate or habitual
- adj. verified or ratified
- adj. having received the rite of confirmation
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Made firm; fixed; established; inveterate; steadfast; settled: as, a confirmed skeptic; a confirmed drunkard; a confirmed valetudinarian.
- Eccles., admitted to the full privileges of the church by the laying on of hands. See confirmation, 1 .
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of persons; not subject to change
- adj. having been established or made firm or received the rite of confirmation
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The fruit of long ages of confirmed Valethood, entirely confirmed as into a Law of Nature; cloth-worship and quack-worship: entirely _confirmed_ Valethood, -- which will have to
The fruit of long ages of confirmed Valethood, entirely confirmed as into a Law of Nature; cloth-worship and quack-worship: entirely _confirmed_ Valethood, -- which will have to unconfirm itself again; God knows, with difficulty enough!
A security official in the 11th Division headquarters who declined to give his name confirmed the scene.
His expression confirmed that was never going to happen.
American-born Lord Fairfax, who, in this twentieth century, has become an English subject, his title confirmed to him by the House of Lords in November, 1908.
I expect to get the title confirmed, and then each one of you boys must sell himself to a beautiful American girl for from 75,000 to 250,000 pounds.
An editor at the magazine who refused to give his name denied the report Friday, saying Zhao was working as usual, but a reporter who refused to give her name confirmed that Zhao was suspended.
Fla'vius Clau'dius being nominated to succeed, was joyfully accepted by all orders of the state, and his title confirmed by the senate and the people.
Pinnock's improved edition of Dr. Goldsmith's History of Rome $b to which is prefixed an introduction to the study of Roman history, and a great variety of valuable information added throughout the work, on the manners, institutions, and antiquities of the Romans; with numerous biographical and historical notes; and questions for examination at the end of each section. $c By Wm. C. Taylor.
There had been no pictures of the front of the car, so I was a bit confused by the '79-'82 nose on it, but the title confirmed that it was in fact an' 86.
Photo: LaVeris/FilmMagic Chris Brown listed fresh live dates in on a post on his official Website on October 16th, and today his label confirmed the singer's Fan Appreciation Tour - a 19-date trek