from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of establish.
- adj. Of a religion, church etc.: formally recognized by a state as being official within that area.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. brought about or set up or accepted; especially long and widely accepted. Contrasted with
- adj. securely established.
- adj. settled securely and unconditionally.
- adj. conforming with accepted standards.
- adj. shown to be valid beyond a reasonable doubt.
- adj. introduced from another region and persisting without cultivation; -- of plants.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. shown to be valid beyond a reasonable doubt
- adj. settled securely and unconditionally
- adj. introduced from another region and persisting without cultivation
- adj. conforming with accepted standards
- adj. brought about or set up or accepted; especially long established
"There is nothing better established," says Lord Commissioner Eyre, "than that this court does not entertain a general jurisdiction, or regulate and control charities _established by charter_.
If the insured person lives longer than the term established by the policy, no survivor benefit is paid.
Church as "the Orthodox Church", not because we recognize its orthodoxy but because its members so style themselves, or again just as we speak of "the Reformation" because it is the term established by custom, though we are far from owning that it was a reformation in either faith or morals.
Amile found none who would be for him saving Hildegarde the Queen, who took up the cause for him, and gat frist of counsel for Amile, on such covenant that if Amile came not back by the term established, she should be lacking all days of the bed of the King.
In addition to Wonderful City's August results, Quepasa highlighted that the title established strong momentum in certain markets outside of Latin America -- namely Spain and Portugal -- suggesting potential to capture a broader global audience within the Facebook platform.
The queen became "Supreme Governor" and "Defender of the Faith" of the Church of England when she ascended the throne in 1952 -- a title established in 1562 after King Henry VIII broke with Rome in 1534.
It's just the fourth vintage for The Ned, the label established by Brent in Marlborough's Waihopai Valley.
Will the Democrats regain the title established in 2006?
Meanwhile, the label established a recording studio in the Student Organization Center at Hilles.
It is important to note that Bancolombia fully complied with the award by paying the required amounts to the relevant stockholders party to the class action and all those who came forth within the term established by law.