from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state of being convex.
- n. A convex surface, body, part, or line.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the state of being convex
- n. a convex line or surface
- n. a measure of the curvature in the relationship between the prices and yields of bonds
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of being convex; the exterior surface of a convex body; roundness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The character or state of being convex; roundness; sphericity. Also sometimes convexness, convexedness.
- n. The exterior surface or form of a convex body.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the property possessed by a convex shape
- n. a shape that curves or bulges outward
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Traders said hedging related to mortgage debt, or so-called convexity selling, also played a part Wednesday in pressuring Treasury yields higher.
In the so-called convexity hedging, mortgage securities holders sell Treasurys to hedge against rising rates.
Because the field of scalars is real or complex, vector spaces also come with the notion of convexity, which turns out to be crucial in many aspects of analysis.
Hence hypotheses normally refer to some qualitative properties of the functions that allegedly emerge from the formalism, such as convexity or monotony.
Depending on the structural nature of the objects such as convexity and disjointness, the resulting clipped object may itself be disjoint or may contain islands and other interesting properties.
Recently, I am studying on the Gurson Model, but it is a little bit hard for me to understand most part in the paper 'Continuum Theory of Ductile Rupture by Void Nucleation and Growth', I don't know about the spirit of deduction of formulas and some keywords make me confused, like 'convexity'and' normality ',' loci ', many .... jingzheng on Fri, 2009-03-06 17: 00. pvdesnips on Thu, 2009-03-26 08: 21. on Thu, 2009-04-16 07: 06.
The play of concavity and convexity is announced by a pair of Tanktotems, watchful, hieratic personages built out of slender, vertical steel components and sliced tank ends.
Since mortgage security owners are short the option (the opposite of borrowers, who are long the option), they use the term "negative convexity."
I can understand the convexity of the graph bryce Says:
After all, I hired her: her with that bushy platinum buzz cut, those stupendous breasts, the positively stupefying convexity of her hips, and that—well, here she is now for her first post-hire interview!