from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Highly pleasing or agreeable to the senses, especially of taste or smell.
- adj. Very pleasant; delightful: a delicious revenge.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pleasing to taste; tasty.
- adj. Metaphorically pleasing to taste; pleasing to the eyes or mind.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Affording exquisite pleasure; delightful; most sweet or grateful to the senses, especially to the taste; charming.
- adj. Addicted to pleasure; seeking enjoyment; luxurious; effeminate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pleasing in the highest degree; most sweet or grateful to the senses; affording exquisite pleasure: as, a delicious viand; a delicious odor; delicious fruit or wine.
- Most pleasing to the mind; yielding exquisite delight; delightful.
- Delicate; luxurious; dainty; addicted to or seeking pleasure.
- Synonyms Delicious, Delightful, luscious, savory. Delicious is highly agreeable to some sense, generally that of taste, sometimes that of smell or of hearing. Delightful is highly agreeable to the mind; it is always supersensuous, except perhaps as sight or hearing is sometimes the immediate means to high mental pleasure. Delicious food, odors, music; delightful thoughts, hopes, anticipations, news.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. extremely pleasing to the sense of taste
- n. variety of sweet eating apples
- adj. greatly pleasing or entertaining
Martin Ramin for The Wall Street Journal 2010 Saracco 2010 Saracco Moscato d'Asti, $16 The word "great" is rarely, if ever, applied to Moscato d'Asti, but the word "delicious" would not be amiss in describing this light, bright, slightly fizzy white with notes of pear and white flower from one of the best Moscato producers in Piedmont.
In this recipe, the chef elevates what he calls "delicious peasant food" with two Moroccan-inflected sauces: a lime-coriander yogurt and a tapenade made with dates and Lucques olives.
Goldberg did serve as an informal adviser to Tripp during the months in which she was taping conversations with Lewinsky, and Goldberg relished hearing what she called the delicious "dish" about the president.
About “gravlax” which I called a delicious fermented salmon dish, something some of you Americans thought was funny:
He likes how she says the word "delicious," so she repeats it three times: "Delicious, delicious, delicious."
He resides near Jocotepec, Jalisco, in "delicious" remote mountainside privacy.
Sometimes I pick wines because they are just plain delicious, but it goes beyond that.
EW, your clips are delicious from a menu of mutton.
I am very much of the belief that a walk or a subway ride for something really delicious is alwasy worth it.
Or at least Long Island: the idea of Pamela Geller getting evicted and replaced by a Palestinian family has a certain delicious symmetry to it. feckless Says: