from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or located on the right side.
- adj. Heraldry Situated on or being the side of a shield on the wearer's right and the observer's left.
- adj. Obsolete Auspicious; favorable.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Right; on the right-hand side.
- n. The right side of a shield from the wearer's standpoint, and the left side to the viewer.
- n. right hand
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, or situated on, the right hand; right, as opposed to
sinister, or left.
- adj. On the right-hand side of a shield, i. e., towards the right hand of its wearer. To a spectator in front, as in a pictorial representation, this would be the left side.
- n. One of a breed of small hardy cattle originating from the Kerry breed of Ireland, valuable both for beef and milk. They are usually chiefly black, sometimes red, and somewhat resemble a small shorthorn in build. Called also Dexter Kerry.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or situated on the right hand; right, as opposed to left: as, the dexter side of a shield.
- n. In heraldry, that side of the shield which is toward the right when the shield is braced or fitted upon the arm; hence, the side of the field toward the left of the spectator.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. on or starting from the wearer's right
MADMEN. so much better than dexter. if you think dexter is better than madmen, you are crazy.
That's as good a line of reasoning as any, right? jo5h dexter is gonna off lundy.
i don't know if a hollywood film can do that, but i had hoped hbo or showtime would've been able to do it right - dexter is pretty damn darkly amazing. john constantine was already sacrificed to the demons of the visual medium ... must the same happen to our beloved cast of preacher?!?!
Our right side, you may know, is called our dexter side from which we get the good words dexterous and dexterity.
She placed the saltire of her father in chief with the shield of Heslarton in base, on the dexter were the luces of her first husband and on the sinister the Clifford arms of her second.
I'm willing to grant that A Serious Man is a comedy, but not if Up in the Air is a drama. jason b lots of 'dexter' love in the tv noms. only problem is that its putting lithgow up against emerson for 'lost'. as long as one of em gets it, i'm happy.
For examples dexter going onto season 5, weeds season 6 now?, cali season 4 I believe.
- John Lithgow, Actor ( "Shrek," "Dexter") @JessicaSimpson i fell off of my couch watching dexter last night!! holy crapballs!!
Ruth (1/14/2010 7: 00: 56 PM) oh no bad news i love the guy he is one of my fave tv actors hope your well and back in filming soon dude tv wont be the same without our dexter fix
June 17th, 2010 at 1: 49 pm daaamn i love dexter so much and i also adore michael c hall is great to see him looking so well and and getting better and better!! cant wait!!!!!