from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The period of time when something, such as a factory or a piece of machinery, is not in operation, especially as the result of a malfunction.
- noun A period of time when one is not working or engaged in a planned activity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The amount of time lost due to forces beyond one's control, as with a computer crash.
- noun A break or rest from work; leisure time.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a period of time when something (as a machine or factory) is not operating (especially as a result of malfunctions)
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
down + time
Sorry, no example sentences found.