from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To take in marriage; marry.
- transitive v. To give (a woman) in marriage.
- transitive v. To give one's loyalty or support to (a cause, for example); adopt.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To become/get married to.
- v. To accept, support, or take on as one’s own (an idea or a cause).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To betroth; to promise in marriage; to give as spouse.
- transitive v. To take as spouse; to take to wife; to marry.
- transitive v. To take to one's self with a view to maintain; to make one's own; to take up the cause of; to adopt; to embrace.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A spouse.
- To promise, engage, or bestow in marriage; betroth.
- To take in marriage; marry; wed.
- To take to one's self, or make one's own; embrace; adopt; become a participator or partizan in: as, to espouse the quarrel of another; to espouse a cause.
- To pledge; commit; engage.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. take in marriage
- v. choose and follow; as of theories, ideas, policies, strategies or plans
- v. take up the cause, ideology, practice, method, of someone and use it as one's own
The solution you espouse is far, far worse than the supposed problem.
The stand that Pastor Hagee and Parsley espouse is not anything new or revelational as "new" or "recently".
And unfettered advocacy for one, as you espouse, is clearly more Orwellian.
It would almost be funny if it was not so pathetic and hypocritical. the fact that you leftards actually believe the dung splattered logic you espouse is a sad comment on the state of the socialist left in America.
Religious fascism like the sort you espouse is the latest plague!
As for the Conservatives, I also think it’s possible the support they espouse is based on a partisan wedge issue.
At one time the Republican party stood for everything that most Americans value, maybe that was before you were born, it’s really sad your too closed minded to understand that what you espouse is unAmerican.
In some ways, the research provides scientific evidence of what many self-help books and some religious traditions espouse, which is that being in the "here and now" is critical for happiness, Killingsworth said.
But the morality I "espouse", as you put it, is one that is subscribed to by many people who are not Catholics, and how are we to count them?
Following that incident, he said that "we really are, despite the sniffing or dismissals of our liberal critics, 'fair and balanced' at Fox News" and said that the news network does not "espouse" a "conservative point of view."