from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Containing a fault or defect; imperfect or defective.
- adj. Obsolete Deserving of blame; guilty.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having or displaying faults; not perfect; not adequate or acceptable.
- adj. At fault, to blame; guilty.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Containing faults, blemishes, or defects; imperfect; not fit for the use intended.
- adj. Guilty of a fault, or of faults; hence, blamable; worthy of censure.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Containing faults, errors, blemishes, or defects; defective; imperfect: as, a faulty composition; a faulty plan or design.
- Guilty of a fault or of faults; hence, to be blamed; deserving of or provoking censure.
- Synonyms Incomplete. Culpable, reprehensible, censurable, blameworthy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characterized by errors; not agreeing with a model or not following established rules
- adj. having a defect
Maybe the toughest thing to hear in all of this, officials believe both the pilot and air controllers made what they called faulty decisions.
SAN DIEGO -- Toyota dealers around San Diego County have started fixing what they call faulty gas pedals, but some drivers are wondering whether the real problem is being addressed.
The witness who assisted the former chairman of EFCC, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu as chairman of the committee that investigated the NPA Board under George, added that the committee found out that the Board violated government rules and regulations through contract splitting and inflation and also followed a circular written by a colleague, Mrs. Williams which he described as faulty because it did not follow the normal procedure.
A family of four that lived in the flat above the students was also poisoned and taken to a hospital for treatment and are pursuing legal action against the utility company for what they called a faulty gas line setup.
Pakistan to move international court against Kashmir hydro project ISLAMABAD - Pakistan is to move the International Court of Arbitration against India's diversion of the Jhelum river to the Wullar Barrage and what it terms the faulty design of the Kishanganga hydropower project in Jammu and Kashmir.
April 30th, 2009 ISLAMABAD - Pakistan is examining various options, including the appointment of an arbitrator by the World Bank, against India's diversion of the Jhelum river to the Wullar Barrage and what it terms the faulty design of the Kishanganga hydropower project in Jammu and Kashmir, the foreign office said Thursday.
The grand jury indictment said Farr first deposited $13,475 in faulty checks in Aug. 14, 2006, and withdrew $14,529 before the credit union realized the deposits were drawn on closed accounts.
Why has some chap going to the effort of making, practically overnight, a website which, as of this writing is mainly a a slide presentation calling Bhagat a liar and enumerating, in faulty English, the scenes in the film which aren't from the book?
Torture that only results in faulty information, when the torturees are just willing to anythig to make it stop.
Diabetes complications rooted in faulty cell repair