from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. Away from the correct path or direction. See Synonyms at amiss.
- adv. Away from the right or good, as in thought or behavior; straying to or into wrong or evil ways.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In a wrong or unknown and wrongly-motivated direction.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. Out of the right, either in a literal or in a figurative sense; wandering.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To go out of the right way; go astray; stray.
- Out of the right way or proper place, either literally or figuratively; wandering.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. far from the intended target
- adv. away from the right path or direction
Now that Providence had seen fit to cast him ashore, if he was to be permitted to continue his flight alone, he would go straight for his goal, the Swiss border, and not be led astray (that is what he called it, _led astray_) by any other enterprise.
If you want to go astray from the topic, feel free to start your own blog, or get Prof. Volokh to make you a guest blogger on this one, and start a new thread.
Where readers often go astray is that they fail to realize that the men who enacted the U.S.
Where I think Bryan goes astray is in making it seem as though the solution is to increase the power of elites.
In music such tunes which go astray is in reality a beauty sensed but not captured by the composition.
I am sure that inclusion of political thought considered by the government as astray is next.
You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery.
How it will lead our children astray from the Lord and make them hate God, Jesus, Mom, Dad, and Santa Clause.
Some have been led astray from the faith in their greed, and have pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
So let us all muslims and non-muslims turn towards the only One Allah, otherwise many so called, “I-KNOW-EVERYTHING”, wise cracks will just talk, talk, talk, and take us astray from the right path.