from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A person of stodgy or old-fashioned habits and attitudes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of fogey.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A dull old fellow; a person behind the times, over-conservative, or slow; -- usually preceded by old; an old fogy.
- n. In the United States service, extra pay granted to officers for length of service.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A slow or dull fellow; an old-fashioned or very conservative person; one who is averse to change or novelty: usually with the epithet old.
- n. An invalid or garrison soldier.
- n. Extra pay for long service.
- n. Also written fogie, fogey.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone whose style is out of fashion
Then again, at least Milner is trying to be of use; he's an old-fashioned kind of fogy that way.
It was to Ray he promptly opened his heart, as that veteran of a dozen Indian campaigns, then drawing his fourth "fogy," came hastening out to join the commander.
Later i tried to charge it back up (my memory of these events is kind of fogy but i'll do the best i can to recount) it seemed like the battery wouldn't hold a charge.
For those of you searching for a safe reason to lambaste Twilight: New Moon without sounding like a grumpy old fogy, Asylum. com has the answer: New Moon‘s werewolves simply aren’t werewolves.
Most of the other critics seemed to get the movie better than old fogy Roger Ebert did.
If you suggest that artists should create beautiful things, you risk being branded an old fogy.
Where did this old fogy come from, they just forgot all about this war.
The latest edition of our Silicon Graffiti video blog is coming to you partially in glorious black & white this week, as a reminder that despite the hip, sleek high tech Internet campaign that Senator Barack Obama ran in 2008, President Obama has governed very much like a boring, mid 20th century old fogy:
And who was it who had fired the old fogy who was still selling advertising space like he was working on some small-town local paper?
Writer Jack Thorne is the other wild-card here as his writing has brought us five episodes of the very good and very sharp Skins, a short about a teen girl taking out an old fogy to the supermarket, and now this movie about a young man trying to help one of his lady friends run away from home.