from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. One who cuts and fits glass, as for doors and windows.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. One who glazes; a craftsman who works with glass, fitting windows, etc.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. One whose business is to set glass.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. One who fits window-glass to sash- and picture-frames.
  • n. One who applies the vitreous glaze to pottery.
  • n. plural Eyes.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. someone who cuts flat glass to size


Middle English glasier, from glas, glass; see glaze.
(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From glaze +‎ -er. (Wiktionary)



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.