from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A once popular game of cards played by three people.
- n. Three of the same cards held in one hand; three of everything.
- n. A jest or scoff; trick or deception.
- n. An enticing glance or look.
- n. Good fortune; luck.
- n. A stream of saliva from a person's mouth.
- v. To jest, ridicule, or mock; to make sport of.
- v. To discharge a long, thin stream of liquid, (including saliva) through the teeth or from under the tongue, sometimes by pressing the tongue against the salivary glands.
- n. A geek who is involved in a glee club, choir, or singing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A jest or scoff; a trick or deception.
- n. An enticing look or glance.
- intransitive v. To make sport; to gibe; to sneer; to spend time idly.
- n. A game at cards, once popular, played by three persons.
- n. Three of the same cards held in the same hand; -- hence, three of anything.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A jest; a scoff; a trick or deception.
- n. An enticing or wanton glance.
- n. In music, same as glee
- To ridicule; deride; scoff at.
- To make sport; gibe; sneer.
- To pass time sportively or frivolously; frolic.
- n. An old game at cards played by three persons, with forty-four cards, each person having twelve, and eight being left for the stock.
- n. Three cards of a sort in this game, as three aces, three kings, etc. Hence— Three of anything.
- In the game of gleek, to gain a decided advantage over.
So what's a parent of a tween "gleek" - as fans call themselves - to do?
Unleash Your Inner Gleek on the iPad - Fans of Glee, Fox's campy comedy about the misadventures of a high school show choir, now have one more way to "gleek" out: Using their iPhones and iPads.
What makes him giddy as a "gleek" at a Chris Colfer sighting in this past TV season?
If you're a "gleek," more commonly known as a fan of Fox's hit "Glee," then you know what we're talking about.
Neck Hooping gleek said: On September 25, 2009 cool!
I LOVE that idea!! my gleek heart is all a flutter …
Oops, I used the wrong form of “No” in my last comment. “no” not “know” gleek
So go on, let your showtune-loving, gleek flag fly.
A gleek of saliva from her glands squirts out, then two more.
Miscellanea: tiddy: In the game of gleek, the four of trumps (alternate definition)