from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A Hebrew measure of dry weight.
- n. A conical chamber at the breech of the bore in heavy ordnance, especially in mortars.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A Hebrew measure. See homer.
- n. A conical chamber at the breech of the bore in heavy ordnance, especially in mortars; -- named after the inventor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as homer.
- n. A particular form of chamber in ordnance, consisting in a conical narrowing of the bore toward its inner end. It was devised for the service of mortars in the wars of the first Napoleon.
9: 18 PM comments: gomer said ... gomer is itching to do a quick one thousand words on kim darby's appearance but he is going to refrain out of respect for the site owner who may or may not appreciate it. that is a nice pink argyle vest though, kin of fetching. i dont see angie dickinson though. at least not in a form i, or anyone else, would recognize.
You keep using that word "gomer" ... quite correct...
In the book, which focuses on the lives of interns in particular, the name "gomer" is given to the elderly, terminally ill patients that are always filling up the hospital, and who never seem to die.
Now get off the computer and go earn your minimum wage gomer.
Gomer was a harlot; her name is indicative of her occupation, since everyone would sate (gomer) their lusts with her.
For a moment he'd wondered if the gomer missile had connected.
"What's Tango Seven-niner say about our gomer friends?"
IX-in., 8-inch of 6,500 lbs., and 32-pounder of 4,500 lbs. shell-guns, all of which have gomer chambers.
Then it was the candlelight fans telling us how they were going to dominate the AFC West for years with gomer pyle .... err .... phil rivers at QB.
To learn more about Disqus and its features, zombie is the correct headline here. you put a camera in front of an idiot and surprise you get an idiotic response. we can laugh at gomer pyle all we want but it only makes us feel morally and intellectually superior.