from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or condition of being grand; magnificence: "The world is charged with the grandeur of God” ( Gerard Manley Hopkins).
- n. Nobility or greatness of character.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being grand or splendid; magnificence.
- n. Nobility.
- n. Greatness; largeness; tallness; loftiness.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state or quality of being grand; vastness; greatness; splendor; magnificence; stateliness; sublimity; dignity; elevation of thought or expression; nobility of action.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The character of being grand or great; specifically, that quality or combination of qualities in an object whieh affects the imagination with a sense of sublimity or magnificence.
- n. Synonyms Greatness, majesty, loftiness, stateliness, state, dignity, augustness, splendor, pomp, sublimity. See grand.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of elevation of mind and exaltation of character or ideals or conduct
- n. the quality of being magnificent or splendid or grand
"We are going to take it back to what we call the grandeur of the old Scott."
What the wine lacked in grandeur was more than made up for in the label's hand drawn charm.
The only hint of grandeur comes from the seal just below the two microphones, the crest of the President of the United States.
Lol its been over for awhile just hilary's delusions of grandeur is all thats stopping it.
It might be tragedy save tragedy requires a certain grandeur in the dramatis personae.
But the story Simmons tells is awe inspiring in grandeur and he packs it with more than enough SF-nal ideas to wow even the most jaded SF reader.
Why would he adopt it when he's aspiring to a certain grandeur of expression?
Most of these properties are rough after 30 years of neglect, but with some clean up and reconstruction inside, their grandeur is restored. powered by performancing firefox
I spent my teens in that decade; twenty some years later and all that 80's glam grandeur is flashing -- and flailing -- before my very eyes!
The concept that matter and energy are interconvertible strikes directly to the core of the universe, probably exceeds in grandeur any other picture the field of physical science.