from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A man armed with a gun, especially an armed criminal or a professional killer.
- n. A man skilled in the use of a gun.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A (usually male) criminal armed with a gun, especially a professional killer.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A man employed in the manufacture of firearms.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who shoots a gun (as regards their ability)
- n. a professional killer who uses a gun
I guess tht a gunman is the only way they can think of to stop Obama.
"He is what you call a gunman, isn't he?" asked the girl, interested.
If a gunman is on the loose, and people try to shoot back, missed shots can pose their own danger to bystanders.
But not everyone believes the gunman is racially motivated.
Of course you have to careful but the [gunman] is coming up behind people, so what can you do?
The report came as Mohammed Ajmal Kasab, the only surviving gunman from the attacks, was appealing his death sentence in the Mumbai High Court.
A gunman is rampaging through the tiny hamlet, indiscriminately shooting people.
Eduardo Sencion has been identified as the gunman in the IHOP restaurant shooting in Carson City, Nevada Photograph: Reuters
It helps considerably that the ill gunman is played by Damages 'Emmy winner Zeljko Ivanek, as an inexplicably sick man whose obsessive need for a diagnosis keys into House's own neurosis.
A female terrorist using a gun goes by the name of gunman.