from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Cessation of normal heart function.
- n. The inability of the heart to pump blood at an adequate rate, resulting in congestion in the lungs, shortness of breath, edema in the lower extremities, and enlargement of the liver.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The chronic inability of the heart to pump a sufficient amount of blood throughout the body, leading to a pooling of blood and shortness of breath.
- n. The cessation of the heartbeat; cardiac arrest.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. inability of the heart to pump enough blood to sustain normal bodily functions
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.