from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An itching or painful mass of dilated veins in swollen anal tissue.
- n. The pathological condition in which such painful masses occur. Also called piles.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An engorged, dilated and easily broken varicosity in the perianal area, often accompanied by intense itching and throbbing pain: piles.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A tumor in the anal region, either within the anus (internal hemorrhoid) or without (external hemorrhoid), formed of dilated blood-vessels with more or less hyperplastic growth of connective tissue. See piles.
- n. In anc. zoöl. (Pliny), a venomous serpent the bite of which was said to make blood flow from all parts of the body.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. pain caused by venous swelling at or inside the anal sphincter
The only difference between a Democrat coming down south and a hemorrhoid is at least the hemorrhoid will go back up once in a while. xrocketeer
They prefer Rush limbaugh who claim himself to be patriotic but deferred the draft because of a friggin 'hemorrhoid.
A hemorrhoid is a condition in which the veins around the anus or lower rectum become swollen and inflamed.
Another complication of a blood clot from a hemorrhoid is a condition known as thromboembolism.
When they turn swollen and inflamed, this is termed a hemorrhoid condition.
In the Los Angeles Times today, Libertarian Republican columnist PJ O'Rourke has announced is reporting that he has been diagnosed with Cancer - a malignant hemorrhoid, that is treatable.
You should also know what kind of hemorrhoid you have for the proper treatment to be given to you and ask for help whenever needed.
Hes so far up the insurance companies backside, he should be considered their hemorrhoid.
The South is the American equivalent of a hemorrhoid cluster and might as well be dealt with appropriately.
Unfortunately, in the U.S. most states allow you to be fired without cause; in other words, you can be fired for the boss having a hemorrhoid flare up.