from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A group or series of seven.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a group of seven things
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An atom which has a valence of seven, and which can be theoretically combined with, substituted for, or replaced by, seven monad atoms or radicals. Also used as an adjective.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The sum of seven units; the number seven.
- n. In chem., an atom whose equivalence is seven atoms of hydrogen, or which can be combined with, substituted for, or replaced by seven atoms of hydrogen.
- n. In music, in the duodenal system of analysis, a scheme of seven tones, formed by uniting two duodenal cells of four tones.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the cardinal number that is the sum of six and one
In particular, the question is whether there is a consistent way of accepting the following heptad: 1. The Father is God.
UPDATE: Added 7 to the heptad. posted by Brandon | 12:07 AM
Here there is a pause; and with this consummation reached, than which in type and prophecy there can be nothing higher, a new series begins; the heptad falling, as is so constantly the case, into two groups; either of three and four, as in the Lord's Prayer, or of four and three, as here.
I suppose, be admitted by many thoughtful students of God's Word, probably by most who have entered into the mystery of the heptad in
Indeed, the heptad of things finite is in all cases reducible to the pentad.
Colours may best be expressed by a heptad, the largest possible formula for things finite, as the pentad is the smallest possible form.
The F1 polypeptide of APMV-5 contains heptad repeats at aa positions 134-182 and 455-485, as predicted by the LearnCoil-VMF program, which correspond to the characteristic HRA and HRB heptad repeats that are found in paramyxovirus F proteins and are thought to be important for the conformational changes that lead to membrane fusion
It centers on heptad children in a diminutive Maine municipality who play the maker of a program of murders in 1958 and again in 1985, when the wheel begins again.
C-peptide T20 targets the gp41 N-terminal heptad repeat region
Final Fantasy heptad haw be the prizewinning and memorable FF program in the heritage created by Square Enix to prompt SCE Nihon to become up with a FF heptad manifestation Children PS3 clump which includes a Blu-ray flick of the aforementioned title.