from The Century Dictionary.
- noun One who recognizes and proves the identity of others, especially of criminals.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Someone who
identifies; a person who establishesthe identityof.
- noun Something that identifies or uniquely points to something or someone else.
- noun A guidebook that helps determine the specific class of an object (such as a mushroom, herb, fish, bird, drug, or mineral), or its individual identity (such as that of a star).
- noun programming, operating systems A formal name used in source code to refer to a variable, function, procedure, package, etc. or in an operating system to refer to a process, user, group, etc.
- noun databases A
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a symbol that establishes the identity of the one bearing it
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word identifier.
My natural identifier is my MAC address, and I would love the world to have a MAC-based Wifi for all, including an automated enforced return of stolen property: it would be safer, more secure, more convenient, obviouly more intuitive and easier.
Responding to criticisms about OpenID: convenience, security and personal agency | FactoryCity 2008
The idea that Google would have stopped using the cookie as user identifier is rediculous.
Google Tests Using Your Search Data to Tailor Ads to You - Bits Blog - NYTimes.com 2008
A thinglink identifier is based on the idea that many of the things we use in our daily life are quite particular.
The VPN identifier is added to the drop-down list.
Note the identifier from the resulting display to approve or reject a request. approve identifier
certificate request 2001
A VPN identifier is a unique number associated with each tunnel.
The VPN Default identifier is already available in the Main CVC if the template includes it.
VPN slot: identifier or VPN identifier is the slot (VPN 5002 and 5008 only) and number you specified for the Tunnel Partner section.
Configuring IP Routing Over a Proprietary IPSec, GRE-in-IPSec, or GRE Tunnel 2001
Rejects a server certificate request that was imported using the certificate request import command. identifier is the identifier for the request, as shown using the certificate request pending command.
certificate request 2001
When inquiring, please provide her tag identifier number, A11608190-PAC.
Phillies Zone 2010
Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.