from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Stormy: inclement weather.
- adj. Showing no clemency; unmerciful.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Stormy, of rough weather
- adj. Merciless, unrelenting.
- adj. unmercifully severe in temper or action
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not clement; destitute of a mild and kind temper; void of tenderness; unmerciful; severe; harsh.
- adj. Physically severe or harsh (generally restricted to the elements or weather); rough; boisterous; stormy; rigorously cold, etc..
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not clement.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of weather or climate) severe
- adj. used of persons or behavior; showing no clemency or mercy
She liked girls to be neatly dressed; she could not bear to see them out at what she called inclement hours.
Why are gun hunters expected to purchase the majority of tags (and thus create the revenue stream), balance the herd by killing does (as bowhunters can't kill enough deer to get it done), yet are expected to sit in inclement weather and not be able to enjoy the season in November and all that brings?
If you want to stretch it, other people who climb mountains in inclement weather might also have an interest in that information.
This was the third consecutive game in inclement weather at Heinz Field, including tropical-like rain that fell throughout Pittsburgh's 3-0 victory over Miami on Nov. 26 and left a newly sodded field nearly unplayable.
So the next morning I bicycled down to the state park and found my way to the Roosevelt Baths and Spa, a series of imposing brick buildings around a grassy quad, some linked with arcades that allow health seekers to take their walks even in inclement weather.
We've had indoor garage sales on occasion, which are quite fun in inclement weather.
It's the idiots like you from Texas who think you know how to drive in inclement weather just because you're in a 4WD with a V8.
I acknowledge for myself that I have gone out in inclement weather during these past months to obtain the earliest possible edition of a paper which would tell one about the test matches in Australia.
Unlike other solar power plants, SolarReserve’s will be able to produce electricity at night or in inclement weather.
Be on a pretty rough surface west of here, but of course this baby can handle what you might call inclement terrain, so high off the ground.