from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Extremely cold. See Synonyms at cold.
- adj. Lacking warmth of feeling.
- adj. Stiff and formal in manner: a frigid refusal to a request.
- adj. Persistently averse to sexual intercourse.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Very cold; lacking warmth; icy.
- adj. Chilly in manner; lacking affection or zeal; impassive.
- adj. Sexually unresponsive, especially of a woman.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Cold; wanting heat or warmth; of low temperature.
- adj. Wanting warmth, fervor, ardor, fire, vivacity, etc.; unfeeling; forbidding in manner; dull and unanimated; stiff and formal
- adj. Wanting natural heat or vigor sufficient to excite the generative power; impotent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Cold in temperature; wanting heat or warmth; icy; wintry: as, the frigid zone.
- Cold in temperament or feeling; wanting warmth of affection or of zeal; chilly in manner; impassive.
- Marked by or manifesting mental coldness; coldly formal or precise; lifeless; torpid; chilling; as, frigid devotions or services; frigid politeness or manners.
- Wanting generative heat or vigor; impotent.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. sexually unresponsive
- adj. devoid of warmth and cordiality; expressive of unfriendliness or disdain
- adj. extremely cold
Unless, indeed, she happens to belong to the class of women whom we call frigid, that is, if she is herself devoid of any sexual desire and feels no need of any sexual relations.
James Henson, a Marietta, Ga. dentist, had his boat capsize in frigid water.
Phils edge Rox for 2-1 lead in frigid first-round series - USATODAY. com
Phils edge Rox for 2-1 lead in frigid first-round series
With a microphone submerged in frigid waters, composer Ryuichi Sakamoto captured whooshing currents, errant whale calls and crackling glaciers.
Temporary ice hotels materialize each winter in frigid northern towns from Russia to Canada.
For example, why would teenage mutant ninja turtles (nearly naked coldbloods) want to live in frigid New York?
Standard Poodles are fine French hunting dogs and their woolly coats are admirably adapted for hunting in frigid French winters.
After conference title games played in frigid conditions Sunday, record-breaking quarterback Tom Brady and the perfect New England Patriots will take on Eli (the other) Manning and the hot-at-the-right time New York Giants in a rematch in Super Bowl XLII in Glendale, Ariz.
I am not an eBay basher. eBay gave me the opportunity to make a living up here in frigid Maine by selling records and collectibles out of my home.