from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To draw (air or smoke, for example) into the lungs by breathing; inspire.
- transitive v. Informal To consume rapidly or eagerly; devour: inhaled lunch and then rushed off to the meeting.
- intransitive v. To breathe in; inspire.
- intransitive v. To draw smoke into the lungs; puff.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To draw air into the lungs, through the nose or mouth by action of the diaphragm.
- v. To draw air or any form of gas (either in a pure form, or mixed with small particles in form of aerosols/smoke -sometimes stemming from a medicament) into the lungs, through the nose or mouth by action of the diaphragm.
- v. To eat very quickly.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To breathe or draw into the lungs; to inspire; ; -- opposed to exhale.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To draw in, as air into the lungs; draw in by breathing, or by some analogous process.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. draw deep into the lungs in by breathing
- v. draw in (air)
I figure any day I can still wake up and inhale is a win.
To say you didn’t inhale is to declare yourself to have been the clueless Mr. Jones in Dylan’s famous song and expecting to get credit for it!
(Although Bill says he didn't inhale, which is pure bullsheet!)
What they are saying, telling us at this point is this that there -- this is inhalational anthrax, something you actually inhale, which is the more rare of the three -- the three being: cutaneous, going right through the skin, GI, something that you'd actually swallow, or inhalational, as the case is here.
The planet where Bill Clinton didn't "inhale" or the one where George W. Bush didn't (allegedly) snort coke off the ass of a Mexican hooker?
And rather than be a man and admit it, he said whether or not he took drugs depended on the word "inhale".
To be fair to Mansbridge and Klein, both quintessentially Canadian, they probably did mean it in the "inhale" sense, as Stephanie said above, and Kim reinforced.
Next you'll tell me you didn't "inhale" when she offered you a doobie.
If you're doing it completely for yourself to kind of inhale your own ego, you're not a great comedian.
Le Whif: the calorie-free aerosol that lets you 'inhale' a cup of coffee without the cup