from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To fold or lock together, as when the fingers of one hand are laced between those of the other.
- v. To become folded or locked together, like the fingers of a folded hand.
- v. To intermingle; to present alternately items from one group and then another.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To interlock, as the fingers of two hands that are joined; to be interwoven; to commingle.
- transitive v. To interweave.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To insert between the fingers; interweave like the joined fingers of the two hands.
- To be interwoven; commingle like interlocked fingers.
- In anatomy, specifically, to interpose finger-like processes or digitations between similar processes of another part, as one muscle may do to another; inosculate by means of reciprocal serrations: followed by with.
Words are slaves, noetic myrmidons laboring to interdigitate bolides of inspiration with cosmeticized complacence.
And I do hope that other people leave comments so that mine can interdigitate with them.
In a macerated foot the sensitive laminæ of the corium interdigitate with the horny laminæ of the hoof; that is to say, there is no union between the two, for the simple reason that it has been destroyed; they simply interlock like the _unglued_ junction of
Variations occur in the extension over the face and over the clavicle and shoulder; it may be absent or interdigitate with the muscle of the opposite side in front of the neck; attachment to clavicle, mastoid process or occipital bone occurs.
The lower four slips interdigitate at their origins with the upper five slips of the Obliquus externus abdominis.
Its members interdigitate with their next neighbors in manifold directions, and there are no clean cuts between them anywhere.
In his view, "Science and religion do not glower at each other … [but] interdigitate in patterns of complex fingering, and at every fractal scale of self-similarity."
These cells interdigitate loosely with eachother and are in direct contact with the articular cavity in the absence of a basal membrane.
I mean, what I found very useful with regards to GEM OS2 is that it really was a substance that could interdigitate and get into every crevice as far as the fusion surface area was concerned, but not obstruct or prevent the biological surface, which is the bleeding bone from interacting with one another.
In this view-a tip of the hat to Stephen Jay Gould's "non-overlapping magisteria" principle-intellectual schizophrenia is nowhere to be found because it offers a unified synthesis of science and faith, to wit, that science and faith offer answers to questions asked within their respective domains-domains which interdigitate but don't overlap.