from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To weave together.
- transitive v. To blend together; intermix.
- intransitive v. To intertwine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To combine two things through weaving
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To weave together; to intermix or unite in texture or construction; to intertwine.
- transitive v. To intermingle; to unite intimately; to connect closely.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To weave together into a single fabric, as two or more different materials or strands: as, to interweave silk and cotton.
- To intermingle as if by weaving; blend intimately; intertwine; interlace.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. interlace by or as if by weaving
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Each plot thread should make sense in itself and interweave with the others, not only convincingly, but in the most effective way for this kind of book.
Will it unfold as a straight tale, or will you interweave story lines and points of view?
Is it possible to interweave a story for mom and a story for daughter and presented as one book? on 04 May 2010 at 7: 36 pm Leanne
Is it possible to interweave a story for mom and a story for daughter and present it as one book? on 04 May 2010 at 7: 39 pm Cindy Hudson
The episodic structure has allowed us to interweave stories, gameplay and atmosphere in a whole new way, said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games.
In the following chapters I will explain the origins of each mechanism of cooperation and interweave this train of thought with my own intellectual journey, one that began in Vienna and then continued to Oxford, Princeton, and now Harvard.
Passages about the Greek historian Herodotus interweave with Michael's story, as do other classical references, family photographs and letters.
This year's program will interweave music from our new album Earth Music along with our original solstice-inspired pieces that have become traditional to this event over three decades.
The lawsuits require obligatory scenes of adversaries meeting and arguing in offices, but you'd never know they were obligatory because they interweave past and present to electrifying effect.
What I tried to do was interweave the story, such as it could be known, with these technical sections.