from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Australian A young animal, especially a baby kangaroo.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The immature young of a marsupial, notably a junior kangaroo, but also a young wallaby or koala etc.
- n. The shorter word whose letters can be found within a kangaroo word.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any young animal, especially a young kangaroo.
- n. A young child.
- n. A three-penny piece.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In coal-mining, a man specially appointed to set the timber in a stall or working while coal is being raised.
- n. Same as joe, 1.
- n. A young kangaroo.
- n. ‘A hewer of wood and drawer of water.’
- To insult (a person) by the cry of ‘joey.’
With a hint of Forbidden Planet. joey is that wall-e? haha tootalufilms
Opossums are recent imports from Australia but now prolific, so that the word joey (in Australia a ` baby kangaroo ') for an opossum is likely to be recent.
Anyways - it's kinda funny coz i have a kinda ex called joey - so yeah its a bit of a joke amongst my girls!
The baby, called a joey, was born on October 25, 2006, but only recently left her puch for the outside world.
A "joey" pokes its head out from mama wallaby's pouch.
She raises the baby "joey" koalas from when they are tiny and then releases them back into the wild.
Female kangaroos usually only have one baby kangaroo (called a "joey") at a time.
but, something has to happen soon. i can't see all these places staying open; especially, once wood ranch bbq and lucille's open in chino hills within the next few months. these two places will take business away from bad bob's, smokin' joey's, original joey's on east end road as well as the few others in the area.
i thought the spin-off, "joey", was going to be all about his life in phoebe and mike's new midtown pay-for-flay sex dungeon, but i guess i was wrong.... posted by santos.
Yes | No | Report from joey. henry wrote 9 weeks 4 days ago soak in a mixture of milk, egg, and hotsauce overnite in fridge.