from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A large crab (Paralithodes camtschatica) inhabiting the coastal waters of Alaska, Japan, and Siberia and valued commercially for its edible flesh. Also called Alaskan king crab.
- n. See horseshoe crab.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a highly prized crab-like crustacean
- n. a king and a three as a starting hand in Texas hold ’em
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A large crab of the northern Pacific (Paralithodes camtshatica), especially abundant on the coasts of Alaska and Japan, and popular as a food; called also Alaskan king crab.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A horseshoecrab or Molucca crab; a crustacean of the family Limulidæ and genus Limulus, as L. polyphemus, L. moluccanus, or L. rotundicaudus.
- n. A British decapod crustacean, Maiasquinado, better known as the thornback-crab.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a large spider crab of Europe
- n. large marine arthropod of the Atlantic coast of North America having a domed carapace that is shaped like a horseshoe and a stiff pointed tail; a living fossil related to the wood louse
- n. large edible crab of northern Pacific waters especially along the coasts of Alaska and Japan
- n. meat of large cold-water crab; mainly leg meat
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.