from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any activity that is pursued as a trade or profession; a calling
- n. An activity to which a person is particularly suited; a forte
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Calling; vocation; business; trade.
- n. the field or activity at which one excels; one's forte.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Trade; profession; with reference to literature or art, one's particular kind or line of ability.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an occupation for which you are especially well suited
- n. an asset of special worth or utility
Borrowing from French métier (Wiktionary)