from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Surrounded nearly or completely by dry land. Used of large bodies of water, such as lakes or seas.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Inclosed, or nearly inclosed, with land.
- adj. Inland; remote from the ocean.
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or located in the Mediterranean Sea or on the adjacent lands
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In the midst of an expanse of land; away from the sea; inland.
- Nearly or quite surrounded by land; existing in the midst of inclosing land; confined or cut off by a bordering of land: used specifically [capitalized] as the name of the sea between Europe and Africa, the Mediterranean Sea, or (substantively) the Mediterranean, and rarely otherwise.
- [capitalized] Pertaining to, situated on or near, or dwelling about the Mediterranean Sea: as, the Mediterranean currents; the Mediterranean countries or races.
- Same as Iberian, 3.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the largest inland sea; between Europe and Africa and Asia
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of or located near the Mediterranean Sea
Posted in mediterranean, pasta, vegetarian | Tagged pasta, vegetarian | 3 Comments
Posted in mediterranean, pasta, vegetarian, tagged pasta, vegetarian on March 28, 2009 | 3 Comments »
Posted in mediterranean, pasta, vegetarian | 1 Comment
Posted in mediterranean, pasta, vegetarian on February 27, 2009 | 1 Comment »
The sunny climates and natural beauty of these regions - collectively called the mediterranean biome by scientists - have made them popular places to live and visit.
For example my children - part estonian, part french (royalty, which adds another interesting dimension considering their genetic history - in this case King Francois Premier, friend of Leonardo de Vinci), part german, part native canadian ... and some kind of mediterranean (not sure, but genetic traits point to this).
Main square in Pécs to get "mediterranean" makeover
"mediterranean" style by 2010, the year when Pécs is set to be Cultural Capital of Europe, reports napi. hu.
:) I realised I use the word 'middle eastern' while Zsolt says it is 'mediterranean':)
If regaining wellness is worth around 30 clams to you, send support team to good health food emporium for wild-crafted mediterranean oregano oil (one popular brand name - Oreganol).