from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A pubic wig for women.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A woman's pubic wig. Worn for nude stage appearances and by women after shaving their pubic hair (originally to eliminate lice, etc.; now often as a fashion item).
- n. A mop for cleaning cannon.
- n. An American.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Originally, a wig; afterwards, a mop for cleaning cannon.
- n. A patch of false hair, or something resembling hair, worn on a string over the female pudenda; -- used by stripteasers.
- n. The hair on the female pubic area.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A wig; a tuft or portion of false hair added to the natural hair.
- n. A mop used in cleaning cannon.
Available in all colors, the merkin is the perfect way to hide those little imperfections.
When I first heard the word merkin, I thought it had something to do with mermaids and mermen, all fresh fish below the waist.
A "merkin" is a pubic wig that has been around for centuries.
On the 1967 Chess LP The Baroques by the Milwaukee band of the same name, the word "merkin" is heard in the song "Bicycle."
For the use of men they have the "merkin," [FN#410] a heart-shaped article of thin skin stuffed with cotton and slit with an artificial vagina: two tapes at the top and one below lash it to the back of a chair.
Toupee that masks a bad or excessive waxing job (popularly known as a "merkin").
Friend: speaking of murking, did you know that a "merkin" is a vaginal wig
Loved the 'merkin' SAT word: -). www. thetigerscage.com).
He should have thought of that before he got his hair cut like a Frankie Cocozza merkin.
"There was a lot of discussion that went into my merkin for the movie, because I was naked quite a lot," she said.