from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Being married to one person at a time.
- adj. Having only one sexual partner at a time.
- adj. monogamic; having a simple flower with united anthers.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Upholding, or practicing, monogamy.
- adj. Same as Monogamian.
- adj. Mating with but one of the opposite sex; -- said of birds and mammals.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Practising or supporting the principle of monogamy.
- Marrying only once —that is, not remarrying after the death of the spouse: opposed to digamous.
- Marrying only one at a time: opposed to bigamous or polygamous.
- Of or pertaining to monogamy: as, monogamous doctrines or customs.
- In zoology, having only one mate; living in pairs: as, a monogamous family of birds.
- In botany, having solitary flowers with united anthers, as in Lobelia.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (used of relationships and of individuals) having one mate
And so began my Tarzan style of dating—swinging from one long-term monogamous relationship to the next.
And I admit that it's hard to create and implement condom negotiation strategies geared for married women and women who believe they are in monogamous relationships.
She raised her four children by Mr. Barker as a single mother, never settling into a long-term monogamous relationship.
Definitely a YMMV (or YKMV) observation – we and most of our immediate French friends have stayed in monogamous couples and presumably faithful, to the best of my knowledge, for the last fourteen years or thereabouts.
Long-term monogamous relationships often run low on libido, especially when the wife has reproduced twice and then flies into the frightening 40s.
Both were getting out of long-term monogamous relationships — Terisa had been married for six years — and knew they wanted something different.
I just didn't want marriage, as every long-term monogamous relationship always got down to the man not understanding the dedication I had to my work.
These nuptial-minded homosexuals would have a shot at long-term monogamous happiness, a joyous sex life, and a true sense of unity.
But my belief that gay couples, who are in long term monogamous relationships, with or without raising children, deserve the exact same rights that heterosexual married couples get, goes beyond my limited experiences in life.
Actually, yes, in various cases ‘sexually active’ means you are having sex, even if it is in marriage or in a long term monogamous relationship.