from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Remaining in the nest after hatching until grown or nearly grown. Used of a bird.
- adj. Sharing the nest of another species of animal: nidicolous mites.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Tending to stay at the nest or birthplace for a long time after birth, due to dependence on the parents for feeding and protection.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Abiding in the nest; noting those birds which are hatched in a more or less holploss condition and remain for some time in the nest; altricial: contrasted with nidifugous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of birds) remaining in the nest for a time after hatching
Latin nīdus, nest; + -colous.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.