from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. Without preparation or forethought; extemporaneously.
- adj. Performed or expressed without preparation or forethought. See Synonyms at extemporaneous.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. without planning or thinking ahead
- adj. careless; without sufficient thought or consideration
- adj. curt, abrupt, unfriendly
- adv. right away, immediately, without thinking about it
- adv. in an offhand manner
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. forthwith; without delay, hesitation, or difficulty; promptly.
- prep. See Offhand.
- adj. Instant; unprepared; ready; extemporaneous; unrehearsed
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- At once; without deliberation or premeditation; without previous preparation or practice.
- From the hand; without the support of a rest.
- Without study or premeditation; impromptu: as, an offhand remark; an offhand speech.
- Free and easy; unstudied or unconventional: as, an offhand manner.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. without preparation
- adv. in a casually inconsiderate manner
- adj. with little or no preparation or forethought
- adj. casually thoughtless or inconsiderate
- adv. without previous thought or preparation
Can’t think of the title offhand, but it’s definitely on my list.
The only answer I can think of offhand is the bond market & those who have an interest in fixed incomes since inflation would be painful for both.
The only answer I can think of offhand is the bond market
The best example I can think of offhand is from Michael Marshall Smith's Only Forward.
I'm thinking shooting offhand is true love and a sandbag is a one night stand.
Shooting offhand is a humbling experience, it's much more fun to shoot tiny groups but it has little to do with hunting unless you're out west with your rifle laid on a bedroll.
While standing offhand is my best position I can't hit a thing with this particular gun beyond 40 yd because it is so light.
You wouldn't know his name offhand, but he wrote and executive-produced my favorite episode of my favorite TV show of all time.
Almost everyone had him on the wish-list I can't remember his name offhand as Pycelle too.
The only one I can think of offhand is "Charlotte's Web" ( "Now I'm the one who's caught in ...") by the Statler Brothers. posted by Roger Sutton at 10: 19 AM