from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Derogatory in a malicious, superior way.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Sharp.
- adj. Characterised by low cunning and sharp practise.
- adj. Disparaging or derisive in an insinuative way.
- adj. Tricky; deceptive; false; spurious; contemptible.
- n. An underhanded, tricky person given to sharp practise; a sharper; a beat.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Tricky; deceptive; contemptible
- adj. derogatory in an insinuating manner.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Sharp; characterized by low cunning and sharp practice; tricky; also, false; spurious.
- n. An underhanded, tricky person given to sharp practice; a sharper: a beat.
- n. A spurious object; a humbug; a fake; something designed to cheat.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. expressive of contempt
Or, to be more snide, is that a Hutu or Tutsi village?
Your comments are so steeped in snide irony that you’re not really saying anything.
This certainly has the MO of Labor party, namely a snide attempt to discredit the subject.
Though I've been inactive lately, I've been a member of this forum for enough time to know how to deal with "snide" folks like you.
And so, of course, anyone who wants to make a kind of snide point about him being, you know, somebody who's not of us, as it were, this photograph is used.
Yes Shaun, you could not get a better description of your comments than 'snide'.
It's interesting how the usage of "snide" remarks on his site seems to trump, cold, hard factual rebuttals.
I dunno Karl, I'm not getting 'snide' from this guy, can you think of some examples?
Evidentally, to alot of people, brown liberals with a certain facility with the English language are presumed to be "snide".
As to anyone who found "snide" my characterization of those crediting Rush with truth or accuracy as acting as if he was a Papal authority I certainly apologize; it was an unintentional slight.