from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. Without funds or assets: a traveler who was caught out of pocket.
- adv. In a state of having experienced a loss, especially a financial one.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. Lacking funds, or suffering a loss.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the spending of cash rather than using credit.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. in a condition of having expended or lost more money than one has received.
- n. See under Out, prep.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. calling for the spending of cash
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.