from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or characteristic of a parent.
- adj. Genetics Of or designating the generation of organisms from which hybrid offspring are produced.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of or relating to a parent
- adj. of the generation of organisms that produce a hybrid
- n. A person fulfilling a parental role.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a parent or to parents
- adj. Becoming to, or characteristic of, parents; tender; affectionate; devoted.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to parents; proper to or characteristic of a parent: as, parental love; parental government; parental duties.
- Synonyms Paternal, Maternal, etc. See fatherly, motherly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. designating the generation of organisms from which hybrid offspring are produced
- adj. relating to or characteristic of or befitting a parent
What we term parental affection is, I believe, in part an outgrowth of this feeling of responsibility.
I believe in parental choice and age appropriate information which informs honestly about consequences.
There are built-in parental controls that let you restrict Internet access to certain times of the day, as well as block access to age-inappropriate websites.
"Parents have been sold a bill of goods that is highly destructive, because it overemphasises infant and toddler nurturing to the detriment of long-term parental and educational responsibilities."
Is her ex-husband trying to scare her into taking action that would help him regain parental rights?
Many of these young folks seem to lack in parental guidance and are looking to those of us on the F&S site for advice.
In the future, the memo states, the state will have to obtain parental consent or a court order first, “unless life or limb is in immediate jeopardy or sexual abuse is about to occur.”
As long as student outcomes are pretty much the same, the increase in parental happiness will ensure that those parents remain in DC.
During an open trial of topical tacrolimus we observed a decrease in parental food allergy concern during good control of their child's eczema.
A certain parental flexibility needs to be applied in caring for and raising responsible little Republican angels.