from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Feeling or displaying strong affection or attachment; ardent: a devoted friend.
- adj. Having been consecrated; dedicated.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Vowed; dedicated; consecrated.
- adj. Zealous; characterized by devotion.
- adj. cursed; doomed.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of devote.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Consecrated to a purpose; strongly attached; zealous; devout.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Set apart; given up, especially to some harm or evil; doomed.
- Ardent; zealous; assiduous; strongly attached or addicted: as, a devoted friend; a devoted student of philosophy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. zealous in devotion or affection
- adj. (followed by `to') dedicated exclusively to a purpose or use
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sir Victor had been most devoted, "_most devoted_" said Trix, in italics, "that is, for him.
The word devoted here is the Greek word philadelphia.
And there's not a word devoted to discussing the hatefulness
The album is produced by Tommy Krasker, the co-founder of PS Classics, the label devoted to theatre music and the American popular song.
Additional performers singing on the new album of songs by composer Sam Davis have been announced by PS Classics, the label devoted to theatre music and American popular song.
For more about PS Classics, the label devoted to show music and the legacy of the American popular song, visit psclassics. com.
Classics, the label devoted to American popular song, releases the new solo discs of three Broadway leading ladies - Kate Baldwin, Liz Callaway and Rebecca Luker - on its website Oct. 6.
By contrast, the Miracles Club named after a halfway house for recovering addicts in Portland record for Ecstasy Records, a new label devoted to the quarter-century-old house sound of Chicago.
"That is what I call devoted friendship, to recommend to another one whom you would not marry yourself."
More About Michael Maglaras: Michael Maglaras is an independent businessman, filmmaker, classically-trained musician, and founder of 217 Records in Ashford, Connecticut - a label devoted to celebrating the American artistic experience through recordings of American poetry as well as alternative rock and jazz.