from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Small, slender, and trim. Used of a girl or woman. See Synonyms at small.
- n. A clothing size for short slender women.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of a woman: fairly short and of slim build.
- adj. Of women's clothing: of small size.
- adj. Small, little; insignificant; petty.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Small, little; of a woman or girl, of small size and trim figure.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Little; of small size; tiny.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a garment size for short or slender women
- adj. very small
– In 1638 they opened what they called the petite écoles, in which Lancelot,
My heart and other organs belong to a certain petite, disturbing hottie with a penchant for road rage and telling outlandish stories about our supposed personal life.
More photos in petite anglaise book launch party comments (12) about me about the book press clippings petite's paris facebook twitter feeds my first novel is available as a paperback original in the UK and can be ordered here with free worldwide postage
More photos in petite anglaise book launch party comments (12) 12 comments
She was old and feeble, small and thin -- that's why everyone called her petite maman -- but once she knew what she ought to do, then her spirit overpowered the weakness of her wizened body.
When I go to steakhouses here in Madison, I always order the smallest size -- "petite" -- and it's 6 ounces.
She had never regretted it for one hour, never swerved from the conviction that she and Michael were a perfect match -- he, tall, stalwart, black-haired and strong; she "petite" -- she loved the
Paperback petite is due to hit the shops in February 2009, so why it’s already on Amazon, I’m not entirely sure.
I think I felt a bit cheated as well – I was much more interested in petite’s legal struggle (and eventual triumph) than the Rennes story.
In the casting notice we got our hands on earlier this month, Jane is described as a petite blonde with a “Botticelli angel-like face…and crimson irises.”